Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2008

In memoriam

First the two principal German publicity owned channels ARD and ZDF decided that they won't show the Tour de France (and every other cycling event) next year. Because they don't want to use the money of the taxpayers to support cheaters :(
First of all not all cyclists are cheaters and moreover I would be happy if they use my money to support this "cheaters"!

Later today the organizers of the Deutschland tour announced that the 2009 edition will be canceled, following the doping cases that were revealed because they can't find any interested sponsors. -Thank you Mr Schumacher, Mr Kohl and all the others like "The pressure was incredibly strong. I'm only human and in this exceptional situation I showed weakness".

I really liked the Deutschland Tour because it is the reason why I became a fan of cycling ;) Last year the city where my uncle lives was destination of one stage and it was the first time I saw cute Andy when he got the jersey of the best young rider... I didn't watch cycling at that time just a bit of TdF or some years ago when everyone here in Germany did it (and nobody talked about doping) but after that day I started watching ;)

In the end some pics of the previous Curacao Races to cheer me up after that bad news...



Rina- get your gun ;)

11 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

If Jens Voigt were in charge there would be no problems like this!

Anonym hat gesagt…

the pics from amstel curacao, link??

Anonym hat gesagt…

Rina is not worried at all, the lady is Franks ex - I know how to keep my man tehe! No gun shooting this time lol! And agrees wiith miss sansen about Jens Voigt!

Sasha hat gesagt…

The race: http://www.amstelcuracaorace.com/
Pics from: http://www.tdwsport.com/

I just wanted to make you nervous Rina ;)

Why do you mean that? Because Voigt doesn't ride for a German team??

Anonym hat gesagt…

How do you know it's his ex?
Just a little curious here:)

Sasha hat gesagt…

Her name is Martine and she was his girlfriend and because Fränk said before the Tour the nor he neither his brother have a girlfriend, she must be his ex ;)

Sasha hat gesagt…

Here's an older article about them
http://www.revue.lu/coverstory.php?id=398&view=archive
(in German).
If you want, I can translate it ;)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Aha:)
a translation would be nice...

An unlikely survivor hat gesagt…

I too am very sad about the German's decision. Sounds like they are working up to banning cycling altogether. Better by a Segway. http://ambassador.rit.edu/bca/images/stories/blogs/aml6057/20080501/segway.jpg

Anonym hat gesagt…

I am just saying nice try haha :o)

Anonym hat gesagt…

I read on the website of Karsten Kroon that Martine was Fränk's girlfriend for 6 years, but they broke up in 2007, so Fränk has an entire house for himself